South African Homeschool Curriculum
An estimated 100,000 families are homeschooling in South Africa.
- Do you have questions about how to start homeschooling in South Africa?
- Do you need a South African Homeschool curriculum to add a local flavour to your studies?
- Do you want to establish strong family bonds and a love of learning?
- Are you a (prospective) homeschooler needing direction or help?
You have come to the right place! (More about us below)
Help an underprivileged young man complete his education and stand a chance to win over R10 000 worth of South African homeschool curriculum products and books.
Theo is a 19-year-old man who lives with his gogo in Khayelitsha, Cape Town. For the past four years Wendy Young, co-author of Footprints, has been helping his grandmother, Chriselda with food, schooling for his sister and housing.
Now you can help us to help him complete his B.Com in Accounting so that he can support his family.
Footprints is running a fundraiser via a raffle to raise the funds he needs to redo the module he failed.
The first prize is a Footprints On Our Land – South Africa’s Heritage Program (valued at R4500).
Click here to read more and to be a part of this initiative and stand a chance to win great prizes.
Shirley and Wendy are veteran homeschoolers who will:
- help you to understand how homeschooling works and answer your questions.
- recommend homeschooling curricula from preschool to high school
- help you get systems in place to ensure peace and order in your home
- showcase our unique, homegrown, literature-based South African homeschooling curriculum in the Footprints On Our Land series.
- offer you advice, tips and encouragement based on our wide reading about homeschooling and our own experiences.
We’ve both been homeschooling for about fifteen years and have been advising both new and old homeschoolers for almost as many. With children of our own ranging from toddlers to teens, our experience covers a wide spectrum of ages and stages, homeschooling products and the day-to-day activity of a homeschooling lifestyle.
We invite you to explore our growing treasury of useful information about local homeschooling and some South African homeschooling curriculum options.